“To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” – Elliott Erwitt

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New lens!!


I did it. I took the plunge and brought a new lens. A very expensive lens… With Darrell’s support of course – he truly is the best and I’m one very lucky lady! 

When debating what I wanted there were a number of factors that played into my decision but something that I knew from the start was that I wanted to purchase the best that I could. Most likely meaning an L series. Why? Because I’ve purchased things in the past that weren’t the best with the intention of upgrading and in the end I ended up spending more than if I had got what I wanted from the start. Plus, lenses don’t depreciate like say, your camera body. 

I spent the weekend photographing everything I could and I’m not 100% sure what I think yet. The lens I got, 24-70mm 2.8f, is really heavy, 2.09 lbs, and doesn’t have IS. Some of my images weren’t sharp when I think they should’ve been. I’m hoping that it’s because of the weight of the lens and after I get used to it most of the photos I take with it will have no signs of camera shake.

These are some images from Dallas Road that I think turned out ok:





No comments:

Post a Comment