“To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” – Elliott Erwitt

Monday, April 2, 2012

A System...and tubing!


I didn’t get to watch all 3 days of the Lightroom class on creativeLIVE. I actually only sat in on the first day and it was all about the Library panel. While it would have been great to learn a little about developing I’m glad that I got to see how to correctly import into Lightroom, how to add keywords, copyright, etc.

We took the kids tubing on Saturday and everyone had a blast. Owen and Kait loved it and I enjoyed a jammed packed family day. Every family should commit to a complete day where you do something that the kids will love. No errands, no shipping, no cleaning, no work. Just play!!

With the exception of Saturday I’ve spent the last couple of days importing, arranging, adding keywords, reviewing/deleting and even edited some of the over 500 photos I took this month. Holy cow, that was a lot. Totally worth it though. I now have a system! A system that will hopefully, make life easier and add some flow to how I manage our family’s photos.

It’s a good start and something that will continue to grow and evolve. Yippee for progress!!

Two of my favorite pictures from March:






No comments:

Post a Comment